Home Loan Consultants
Equal Housing Lender
Keeping Your Home and Ways to Avoid Foreclosure
If you're finding that you're unable to make your mortgage payments with One Washington Financial and are looking for ways to keep your home or avoid foreclosure, there are several options that you may qualify for, including:
- Refinancing your mortgage to extend the repayment period and /or reduce the interest rate to lower your monthly payments.
- Modification of your current mortgage to make your payments more affordable.
- Surrendering your deed to us voluntarily.
- A special forbearance from One Washington Financial based on your current circumstances.
- Selling your home to repay your mortgage in full. If your home's value is less that your outstanding loan balance, we may be willing to accept the amount of your home sale as full payment. This is known as a short sale.
To explore these options, give our Mortgage Department a call at 800.893.7824 x67001. Please be sure to have the following documents ready to help us evaluate your eligibility:
- Two most recent pay stubs (or other proof of income, such as SSI payments or retirement income).
- Two most recent statements from all bank or credit union accounts.
- Most recent tax return and all supporting documentation.
- Most recent property tax statement.
- Hardship letter explaining why you are unable to make your payments.
- A list of your monthly expenses.
- We may require additional documentation of your expenses.
- We may require additional information to properly evaluate your qualifications for these programs.
To find a certified housing counseling agency, call:
- Washington State Department of Financial Institution's Foreclosure Hotline: 877.894.HOME (4663)
- US Department of Housing and Urban Development: 800.569.4287